Think of JeeLight as being the ultimate Yeelight experience for PC – whether you need ambient lighting for your office, a powerful Ambilight Mode that enhances immersion, or creating scenes and lighting presets for hosting parties, JeeLight can do everything you need.
Yeelights are the cheapest and best alternative to the expensive Phillips Hue!
JeeLight’s Core Features:
- Real Ambilight (“Ambilight creates light effects that correspond to the screen content.”)
- The capturing Zones can be set up individually for each Light by drag&drop.
- Flash detection (adds immersion to scenes with flashing lights)
- CPU Multithreading (experimental)
- Detect average or predominant colors – results vary depending on screen content.
- Zone testing (launches a video to quickly test and configure your JeeLight zones)
- Set each Yeelight (or all together) to your favorite color.
- Mouseflow tracks your mouse cursor and changes your Yeelights to whatever you’re mousing over.
- Create your own effects. Easy as 1-2-3
- Play Presets or our own Effects created in Effectcreator
- Set different Effects to different Lights and play them at the same time
- Upload your custom Effect to the community Server
- Download other custom Effects and use or edit them
With this mode all colors will flow slowly from one Light to the next one. And paint your room with uncountable beautiful colors.
- Circadian Lighting (like f.lux) a lighting system designed to tap into the cycles our bodies’ follow each day, based on the color of the sky.
- Runs on Windows, MacOS and Linux
- Supports all WiFi enabled YeeLights!
Here a short demonstration of Ambilight. This video shows the first running version. Since then many improvements and functions have been added!
- There is a Firmware issue in Yeelight bulbs which cause flickering due to high Framerate in Ambilight. I am in contact with Yeelight and there will be a Firmware update soon. Users of the beta firmware are able to activate the new feature (Send Beta Commands).
- The software is in a final beta state and may not yet be working as expected – please report any bugs encountered in the forum. Furthermore its only tested on Windows, but should work on other OS too.
- You need to enable “LAN-Control” in the Yeelight app for each Light.
- JeeLight is free. However, I would be happy to accept small donations. This will help me to pay my hardware and server costs, as well the huge amount of coffee which is needed to develop more crazy stuff. (there’s a lot of nightly hours :). Each donator will become a Beta-tester and receive every new function at first.
- You can use the installer for Windows and MacOS which already includes the Java runtime. Of course you can use the JAR file too.
For Linux you have to download the latest Java Runtime and start the JAR File
If you dont have any Yeelights yet, you can get yours following the Affiliate Links
If you want to support me in the further development of Jeelight, buy me a beer 🙂